- Integrated Product Team of electric propulsion experts
- 5-year program (FY10 start)
- $6M Air Force investment, plus university cost-sharing ($744k)
- Univ. of Michigan (lead), UCLA, MTU, PSU, CSU, MSNW/UW
- Utilize university expertise, facilities, and resources
- Foster collaboration between members to enhance R&D
- Leverage DURIP funds and NDSEG, NSF, NASA GSRP fellowships
- AFRL/RZ collaboration with AFOSR to focus academic investments in four Thrust Areas of fundamental research
- High-Power Plasma Propulsion
- Electrospray Propulsion
- Time-Resolved Plasma Diagnostics
- Modeling and Simulation
Above: Organizational structure of the Michigan/Air Force Center of Excellence in Electric Propulsion (MACEEP).
Above: Thrust area 1 research effort by MACEEP members.
Above: Thrust area 2 research effort by MACEEP members.
Above: Thrust area 3 research effort by MACEEP members.
Above: Thrust area 4 research effort by MACEEP members.